Bob Nefsky has a breadth and depth of successful experience in corporate and business law in a career spanning more than 40 years. He is a recognized expert in insurance regulation, including representation of companies before the Nebraska Insurance Department and lead counsel to the receiver in insurance insolvencies. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America in corporate law since inception of that organization in 1995, and has been named Lawyer of the Year in corporate law twice, most recently in 2018. Bob is a member of the Federation of Regulatory Counsel, the national organization of insurance regulatory lawyers with demonstrated competence, and the International Association of Insurance Receivers. He has also served as expert witness in surety insolvency matters.
- University of Pennsylvania, A.B., 1973
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1977
- Assistant Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit)
- U.S. District Court (D. Neb.)
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel
- Best Lawyers in America in corporate law, since 1995
- International Association of Insurance Receivers
- Director, Museum of Nebraska Art
- Director, Nebraska Cultural Endowment
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Lincoln Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Trustee, Cooper Foundation
- Director and Chair, Bryan Enterprises, Inc.
- Director and Past President, Camperships for Nebagamon, Inc.
- Chair, Lincoln, Nebraska Secondary School Committee, University of Pennsylvania
- Past Member and Chair, Nebraska Arts Council
- Past Member and Past Chair, Humanities Nebraska
- Past Director, Friends of Mary Riepma Ross Film Theater
- Past Director and Past President, Lincoln Fine Arts Radio, Inc.
- Past Director and Past President, Jewish Federation of Lincoln, Inc.
- Past Trustee and Past President, Congregation B’nai Jeshurun
- Past Director and Past President, Lincoln Childrens Zoo
- Past Director, Bryan Foundation
- Past Director and Past President, Nebraska Foundation for the Humanities
- Past Trustee, current Honorary Trustee and Past President, Sheldon Art Association
- Past Member and Chair, District 1 Committee on Inquiry, State of Nebraska Judicial Branch
- Lead counsel for the Nebraska Insurance Director as liquidator of Amwest Surety Insurance Company and Far West Insurance Company, 2001-2015.
- Lead counsel for the Nebraska Insurance Director as rehabilitator of Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation, 2008-2009.