Mark Richardson is an attorney who practices civil litigation with a focus on personal injury and wrongful death claims. Mark is strongly committed to representing each client with passion, purpose, and the highest degree of legal skill.
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, B.S., highest distinction, 2005
- University of Nebraska College of Law, high distinction, 2011
- Executive Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- U.S. District Court (Dist. of Nebraska)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, Member (2011 – Present).
- Political Action Committee Member.
- Testifying representative before various Nebraska legislative hearings.
- Board of Directors
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Lincoln Bar Association, Member
- Seniors Foundation of Lincoln and Lancaster Co. (2006-2011, 2013-present)
- Board of Directors
- Volunteer Driver, Seniors Transportation Program, 2007-2010.
- Wrongful Death Case: 57 Year Old Man – 2015
Liability: Client was a bicyclist struck from behind while traveling upon the roadway.
Result: Seven-figure settlement for the maximum policy limits after several months of investigation.
- Catastrophic Personal Injury: 42 Year Old Father – 2014-2015
Liability: Client was riding his motorcycle on US Highway when a vehicle attempted to cross the road, colliding directly with client’s left side. Liability was denied.
Injury: Broken femur, fibula and tibia in left leg requiring surgically implanted rods to repair. Left arm was mangled in the collision with severe nerve and tendon damage. Client lost approximately 90% of the function of his left arm and hand. Client was knocked unconscious by the impact.
Result: Seven-figure settlement for the maximum policy limits after several months of discovery.
- Wrongful Death: 31 Year-Old Woman – 2013-2014
Liability: Decedent was killed in an automobile collision caused by a drunk driver operating a vehicle owned by a prominent business. Defendant admitted liability.
Result: Parties agreed to attempt to mediate the case prior to lawsuit being filed. Investigation, demand package and mediation statement completed in approximately 90 days. Case did not settle during mediation, but settled shortly thereafter on a mediator’s proposal for a confidential seven-figure amount.
- Wrongful Death: 33 Year-Old Husband, Father of Two – 2012-2013
Liability: Farmer was killed in a farm implement malfunction incident. Product liability lawsuit filed against the international manufacturer of the implement for faulty design. Corporate depositions taken outside United States. Mechanical engineering and economic experts retained by both parties.
Result: Confidential seven-figure settlement reached in mediation.