Bob Nefsky has a breadth and depth of successful experience in corporate and business law over a career spanning 40 years. He is a recognized expert in insurance regulation, including insurance receivership and healthy companies. Bob has served as lead counsel for the Nebraska Insurance Director in a number of insurance receiverships, including surety, title, and property and casualty companies. He was lead counsel in the successful rehabilitation and sale of two title insurance companies making up approximately 25 percent of the national premium. Bob regularly represents insurance companies before the Nebraska Insurance Department.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1973
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1977
- Assistant Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals (8th Circuit)
- U.S. District Court (D. Neb.)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in corporate law annually since 1995
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel
- International Association of Insurance Receivers
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Lincoln Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Trustee, Cooper Foundation
- Director and Chair, Bryan Enterprises, Inc.
- Director and Past President, Camperships for Nebagamon, Inc.
- Director and Past President, Nebraska Cultural Endowment
- Director, Museum of Nebraska Art
- Chair, Lincoln, Nebraska Secondary School Committee, University of Pennsylvania
- Past Member and Chair, Nebraska Arts Council
- Past Member and Past Chair, Humanities Nebraska
- Past Director, Friends of Mary Riepma Ross Film Theater
- Past Director and Past President, Lincoln Fine Arts Radio, Inc.
- Past Director and Past President, Jewish Federation of Lincoln, Inc.
- Past Trustee and Past President, Congregation B’nai Jeshurun
- Past Director and Past President, Lincoln Childrens Zoo
- Past Director, Bryan Foundation
- Past Director and Past President, Nebraska Foundation for the Humanities
- Past Trustee, current Honorary Trustee and Past President, Sheldon Art Association
- Past Member and Chair, District 1 Committee on Inquiry, State of Nebraska Judicial Branch
- Lead counsel for the Nebraska Insurance Director as liquidator of Amwest Surety Insurance Company and Far West Insurance Company, 2001-2015.
- Lead counsel for the Nebraska Insurance Director as rehabilitator of Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation, 2008-2009.