Andy, a partner with the firm, practices primarily in government relations. He is a registered lobbyist before the Nebraska Legislature, representing a diverse array of clients. He also represents clients before state agencies, assisting with both regulatory matters and procurement. The former Executive Director of the state’s Public Service Commission, Andy has a thorough knowledge of State Government, its processes and key leaders. He has a reputation for excellent strategic and policy-focused advocacy.
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Bachelor of Journalism, with distinction, 1988
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1992
- Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Member (2007-present)
- Public Affairs Council (2007-present)
- Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, Member (2007-present)
- Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2016-present)
- Nebraska Federation of Business Associations, Member (2012-present)
- Nebraska Telecommunications Association
- Legislative Committee (2012-present)
- Regulatory Committee (2012-present)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Member (1992-present)
- Government Practice Section, former President
- Young Lawyers Section, former Vice Chair
- Lincoln’s Symphony Orchestra, President (2010-2012)
- Sandhills Marathon, Founder & Race-Director (2007-present)
- 2016: Andy successfully led efforts to kill legislation that would have allowed cities to take over control of local libraries, threatening privacy protections and First Amendment rights.
- 2015: On behalf of local cab companies, Andy played an integral part in drafting and negotiating legislation that established a regulatory playing field for transportation network companies like Uber and Lyft. He also led the successful advocacy of the Nebraska Agritourism Promotion Act, which passed on a vote of 46-0.
- 2014: Andy negotiated a compromise that allowed for passage of a bill that will provide for treatment of children with autism.
- 2013: Tackling another natural gas pipeline issue, Andy was the primary lobbyist who drafted and advocated for LB589, a bill that allows natural gas utilities to take immediate action to repair leaking pipelines that present a critical risk to public safety.
- 2012: Andy took a lead role in drafting and advocating for LB1115, a bill introduced by Speaker Mike Flood of Norfolk. As amended, the bill creates opportunities for natural gas pipeline development projects in rural areas through collaborative efforts by natural gas utilities, cities, and area businesses.
- 2011: Andy worked to amend LB360, which as initially drafted would have undone many of the beneficial changes made to Nebraska’s tax structure in LB1048 (2010). As amended, LB360 made favorable improvements to the taxes that apply to wind energy development in Nebraska.
- 2010: Representing the Nebraska Energy Export Association, Andy played a key role in passing LB1048, which opens Nebraska’s markets to wind energy development. Andy, together with other lawyers in the firm, drafted the entirety of provisions that restructure the system for taxing wind energy production.
- 2009: Facing potential crisis, a number of livestock producers retained Andy’s services to draft legislation to remove the threat of large-scale business closure due to unduly burdensome and over-reaching livestock waste laws. Andy worked with the Nebraska Cattlemen, as well as entities such as the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality and the Sierra Club, to craft legislation that eliminated the threat to the livestock industry while maintaining sensible environmental protections.
- 2008: In his first year of private lobbying, Andy coordinated an effort to repeal a law that prohibited competition in the supply of natural gas to Nebraska communities. The law was a large obstacle to industrial growth and economic development. Andy led negotiations amongst various utilities with divergent interests to craft legislation that now allows competitive supply.
Rembolt Ludtke attorney Andy Pollock was recently quoted in the Lincoln Journal Star and U.S. News for his representation of Lincoln taxi companies. Pollock went before the Lincoln City Council concerning a proposed amendment to an ordinance requiring taxi drivers to have background checks and undergo physicals. The current ordinance requires these of taxi drivers,…
Andy Pollock has a reputation for excellent strategic and policy-focused advocacy. He is a partner at Rembolt Ludtke where he practices Government and Lobbying; Intellectual Property and Technology; and Telecommunications and Utilities. His work in these areas has lead to him being recognized by his peers. Rick was selected for inclusion in the 23rd Edition…